The design intention for Hillside Park was to return the historic garden to its attractive appearance, keeping the form of the various footpaths and its key focal areas. Also, the design was adapted to integrate a large number of existing trees. This park was designed as a quiet reflective space. Monument to the Fallen Pilots of the Third Seaplane Command and Monument to Sergeants Branko Mustur and Ljubomir Pajic stand in the park.
Monument to the Pilots of the 3rd Seaplane Command
Built in 1939, this is the oldest aviation monument in the former Yugoslavia. The Monument is dedicated to the 28 pilots, scouts and mechanics of the 3rd Seaplane Command who lost their lives serving the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. Kumbor 3rd Seaplane Command was the strongest part of the Yugoslav Navy. Due to the fact that the Bay of Kotor – the Tivat Bay, was the first base in world’s history to use seaplanes for war purposes, Austro-Hungarian Navy built the Kumbor sea plane base in 1914. Azmont Investments took meticulous care of the monument in the restauration and cleaning process, placing it in Hillside park in order to honour the historical significance of this special place.
Monument to Sergeants Mustur Branko and Pajic Ljubomir
The monument was built in 1956 to honour the lost lives of Sergeants Mustur Branko and Pajic Ljubomir, at the request of the comrades of their unit. The monument was renovated and cleaned by Azmont investments and placed in Hillside park, open for visitors to learn about Montenegrin history and remember the heroes of past times.